Five Quick Tips To Help Prevent & Manage Type 2 Diabetes
23 Jul 2018 no comments TASTEHAVEN
Type 2 Diabetes is highly preventable and manageable. Here are ﬁve quick tips for managing and preventing diabetes.
- Choose a healthy diet rich in whole grains and healthy fats adds even more protection—skip the reﬁned grains and sugary soda.
- Keeping weight in check and being physically active.
- Minimize the amount of red meat and avoid highly processed meats — including hot dogs and deli meats. Say yes to lean protein such as ﬁsh, chicken & turkey.
- Eat more plant based foods. A diet high in vegetables and whole grains can keep blood sugar and appetite in check.
- Reduce consumption of reﬁned carbs and sugary drinks, white bread, white rice, white pasta and potatoes can increases in blood sugar